To access staff reports, please click on the link below to download Adobe Reader Version 6.0.
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990,
LISTENING ASSISTIVE DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITY CLERK'S
OFFICE WITH A 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE. PLEASE CALL (626) 744-4124 TO REQUEST USE OF A LISTENING DEVICE.
Language translation services are available for this meeting
by calling (626) 744-4124 at least 24 hours in advance.
Habrá servicio de interpretación disponible para éstas juntas llamando al
(626) 744-4124 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipación.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable Channel 55 and rebroadcast daily;
call (626)794-8585 for schedule.
CITY COUNCIL, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION & THE 457 DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN TRUSTEES MEETING
FEBRUARY 22, 2010
Dinner Recess 5:30 P.M.
Public Meeting 6:30 P.M.
Public Hearing 7:30 P.M.
Council Chamber, Pasadena City Hall
100 North Garfield Avenue, Room S249
AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE SYNTHETIC TURF FOR THE VILLA PARKE SOCCER FIELD
FROM FIELDTURF USA, INC., IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $405,000
(1) Find that the project is categorically exempt from environmental review (Section 21084); (California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines, Section 15302 – Replacement or Reconstruction). The replacement of an existing natural turf field with new synthetic turf of similar size, purpose, and capacity; and
(2) Authorize the issuance of a purchase order to Fieldturf USA, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $405,000 for the purchase and installation of synthetic turf for the Villa Parke soccer field. Competitive bidding is not required, pursuant to City Charter Section 1002(H), contracts with other governmental entities or their contractors for labor, material, supplies or services.
THE AMENDMENT TO CONTRACT NO. 19,927 WITH VASILJ, INC., TO INCREASE THE
TOTAL NOT TO EXCEED AMOUNT BY $21,000 FROM $410,000 TO $431,000 FOR THE 2009
SEWER CAPACITY UPGRADES PROJECT
(1) Find that the project was acknowledged to be categorically exempt by the City Council on June 1, 2009 under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in accordance with Title 14, Chapter 3, Class 1 and 2, Sections 15301 and 15302; minor alteration of existing public facilities involving a negligible expansion of the use, and there are no changed circumstances that would require further environmental review; and
(2) Authorize the City Manager to amend Contract No. 19,927 with Vasilj, Inc., to increase the contract by $21,000 for a total not to exceed amount of $431,000 for additional work as part of the 2009 Sewer Capacity Upgrades project.
CONTRACT AWARD TO TAL CAL ENGINEERING, INC., FOR THE 2010 SEWER PIPE
REPAIRS, FOR AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $100,000
(1) Find that, on September 25, 2009, the project proposed in the agenda report was found to be categorically exempt under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in accordance with Section 15301 (Class 1), subsection (b). This exemption includes minor alterations of existing public facilities involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency’s determination, and there are no changed circumstances or new information which would require further environmental review; and
(2) Accept the bid dated February 3, 2010, submitted by Tal Cal Engineering, Inc., in response to the Project Specifications for the 2010 Sewer Pipe Repairs, reject all other bids received, and authorize the City Manager to enter into such contract as is required for an amount not to exceed $100,000.
ATTACHMENT A 347k
CONTRACT AWARD TO KIMLEY HORN AND ASSOCIATES TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL
CONSULTING AND DESIGN SERVICES FOR THE PASADENA “SAFE ACCOUNTABLE FLEXIBLE
EFFICIENT TRANSPORTATION EQUITY ACT - A LEGACY FOR USERS (SAFETEA-LU)”
(1) Find that, in February 2009, the project proposed in the agenda report was found to be categorically exempt under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines in Section 15301 (c), Existing Facilities, of the California Code Regulations, Title 14, Chapter 3. This exemption includes minor alterations involving negligible expansion of use beyond that previously existing, and there are no changes circumstances or new information which would require further environmental review; and
(2) Authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract with Kimley Horn and Associates for professional consulting and full design services for the Pasadena “System Integration/System Manager, Design and Implementation for the Safe Accountable Flexible Efficient Transportation Equity Act - A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU)” project in an amount not to exceed $245,224.
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING SUBMITTAL OF AN APPLICATION FOR $5,000,000 FOR
ROBINSON PARK PHASE II IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT FROM THE PROPOSITION 84
STATEWIDE PARK DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNITY REVITALIZATION PROGRAM OF 2008
Recommendation: Adopt a resolution authorizing submittal of an application to the Proposition 84 Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Program of 2008 for the Robinson Park Phase II Improvements Project.
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
February 1, 2010 (City Council)
February 1, 2010 (Community Development Commission)
February 8, 2010 (City Council)
February 8, 2010 (Community Development Commission)
7. RECEIVE AND FILE CLAIMS AGAINST THE CITY OF PASADENA
Claim No. 11,059
Barnard Foothill I, LLC dba Storbox Self Storage
Claim No. 11,060
Jodell Kasmarsik c/o Early Maslach & Vandueck
Claim No. 11,061
Claim No. 11,062
Claim No. 11,063
Economic Development and Technology Committee
APPROVAL OF A JOURNAL VOUCHER AMENDING PROJECTS IN THE FISCAL YEAR 2010
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM BUDGET
(1) Amend the FY 2010 Capital Improvement Program Budget to include four new projects: Replace High Wattage Bulbs with Light Emitting Diodes; La Pintoresca Teen Education Center; Water Integrated Resource Plan and Urban Water Management Plan; and Annandale Canyon Open Space Trail Access and Improvements; and
(2) Approve a journal voucher with a net increase of $4,127,331 amending 22 projects in the Fiscal Year 2010 Capital Improvement Program, as detailed in Attachment A of the agenda report.
Planning Commission Recommendation: On January 8, 2010, the Planning Commission found all four new projects consistent with the General Plan.
Legislative Policy Committee
Municipal Services Committee
RESOLUTION IN SUPPORT OF EXTENDED PRODUCER RESPONSIBILITY FOR UNIVERSAL
Recommendation: Adopt the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Resolution (Attachment A of the agenda report). Environmental Advisory Commission Recommendation: On July 21, 2009, the Environmental Advisory Commission (EAC) recommended their support to City Council for the adoption of the EPR Resolution.
Public Safety Committee
Reports from Representatives
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING: APPEAL OF DECISION BY DESIGN
COMMISSION: EVALUATION OF ARCHITECTURAL/HISTORIC SIGNIFICANCE OF 499, 501,
503 & 523 SOUTH ARROYO PARKWAY
(1) Find that assigning California Historical Resource Status Codes for two properties at 501 South Arroyo Parkway and 523 South Arroyo Parkway is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) under Article 19, Section 15308 (Action by Regulatory Agencies for Protection of the Environment);
(2) Acknowledge the evaluations of 501 and 523 South Arroyo Parkway in the adopted 2004 historic resources survey for the Central District Specific Plan (Attachment C of the agenda report) and an updated evaluation of these two properties in a recent report from an architectural historian (Attachment A of the agenda report);
(3) Find that 501 South Arroyo Parkway is individually eligible for designation as a landmark because it retains its historic integrity and meets Criterion C (Section 17.62.040, Pasadena Municipal Code (PMC), Criteria for Designation of Historic Resources) and that 523 South Arroyo Parkway is ineligible for designation as a landmark because it no longer retains its historic integrity (Section 17.62.040, PMC, Criteria for Designation of Historic Resources); and
(4) Assign a California Historical Resource Status Code of 5S3 (appears to be individually eligible for local listing or designation through survey evaluation) to 501 South Arroyo Parkway and retain the existing California Historical Resource Status Code of 6L (determined ineligible for local listing or designation through local government review process; may warrant special consideration in the local planning process) for 523 South Arroyo Parkway in the historic resources survey for the Central District Specific Plan.
Design Commission Decision:
(1) On October 26, 2009, the Design Commission found that both 501 and 523 South Arroyo Parkway are eligible for designation as landmarks because they retain historic integrity and meet Criterion C (Section 17.62.040, PMC, Criteria for Designation of Historic Resources); and
(2) Assigned a California Historical Resource Status Code of 5S3 (appears to be individually eligible for local listing or designation through survey evaluation) for 501 and 523 South Arroyo Parkway in the historic resources survey for the Central District Specific Plan.
ATTACHMENTS A thru C 1845k
ATTACHMENT D 1754k
ATTACHMENTS E and F 710k
SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL RECEIVED AFTER POSTING OF AGENDA
ROSE BOWL LOOP IMPROVEMENTS
Recommendation: Adopt the proposed improvements around the Rose Bowl Loop as detailed in the agenda report. The improvements include slurry seal of the entire loop, widening and coloring the pedestrian walkway, installing delineators along the walkway to separate various uses, and performing spot improvements at key locations to improve pedestrian and bicycle safety.
ATTACHMENTS A thru C 1529k
ATTACHMENT D 304k
12. APPOINTMENT OF JULIANNE WORRELL TO THE SOUTH LAKE PARKING PLACE COMMISSION (At Large/District 7 Nomination)
14. APPOINTMENT OF MYRA MARTIN BOOKER TO THE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMISSION (District 6 Nomination)
15. APPOINTMENT OF ELIZABETH BRADY WOODS TO THE COMMISSION ON THE STATUS OF WOMEN (District 7 Nomination)
CITY OF PASADENA DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN PERFORMANCE REVIEW – PERIOD
ENDING DECEMBER 31, 2009
Recommendation: It is recommended that the Deferred Compensation Plan Trustees receive the performance review for the City’s Deferred Compensation Plan for period ending December 31, 2009.
DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN PERFORMANCE REPORT 2552k
Conduct first reading of “AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF PASADENA AMENDING
THE OFFICIAL ZONING MAP OF THE CITY OF PASADENA ESTABLISHED BY SECTION
17.20.020 OF THE PASADENA MUNICIPAL CODE FOR THE PARCEL AT 391 SOUTH WILSON
Second Reading: None
STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS UPDATE
Recommendation: It is recommended that the City Council receive and file the informational report on the six-month strategic objectives (Attachment A of the agenda report).
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEES
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE(Chair Victor Gordo, Steve Madison, Jacque Robinson, Terry Tornek)
March 3, 2010
April 7, 2010
May 5, 2010
FINANCE COMMITTEE (Chair Chris Holden, Victor Gordo,
Steve Haderlein, Margaret McAustin)
Meets the second and fourth Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m., 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S249 (City Hall Council Chambers, 2nd floor)
February 22, 2010
March 8, 2010
March 22, 2010
LEGISLATIVE POLICY COMMITTEE (Chair Bill Bogaard,
Steve Madison, Jacque Robinson)
Meets the third Wednesday of each month at 8:15 a.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S039 (Fair Oaks Conference Room, Basement)
March 17, 2010
April 21, 2010
May 19, 2010
MUNICIPAL SERVICES COMMITTEE (Chair Margaret
McAustin, Bill Bogaard, Terry Tornek)
Meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S249 (Council Chambers, 2nd Floor)
February 23, 2010 (Cancelled)
March 9, 2010
March 23, 2010
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Chair Steve Haderlein, Steve
Madison, Margaret McAustin, Jacque Robinson)
Meets the first Monday of each month at 4:15 p.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S038 (City Hall Grand Conference Room, Basement)
March 1, 2010
April 5, 2010
May 3, 2010
FUTURE COUNCIL MEETING DATES
March 1, 2010
March 8, 2010
March 15, 2010
March 22, 2010
March 29, 2010 (To be cancelled)
April 5, 2010 (To be cancelled)
April 12, 2010
April 15, 2010 (Special Meeting with Los Angeles County Supervisor MichaelAntonovich, 8:00 a.m., City Hall, Grand Conference Room)
April 19, 2010
April 26, 2010
May 3, 2010 (To be cancelled)
May 10, 2010
May 17, 2010
May 24, 2010
May 31, 2010 (To be cancelled)
FUTURE PUBLIC HEARINGS:
March 1, 2010, 7:30 p.m. – Adopt Zoning Code Amendments to Establish a Public Art Requirement in Northwest Pasadena and Revise the Related Private Development Public Art Program Guidelines
March 22, 2010, 7:30 p.m. – Public Hearing of the Pasadena Community Development Commission; Approval of the Public Housing Agency 2010 Annual Plan
May 10, 2010, 7:30 p.m. – Approval of the Five-Year
Consolidated Plan (2010-2015) and the Annual Action Plan to the U.S. Department
of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)