To access staff reports, please click on the link below to download Adobe Reader Version 6.0.
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990,
LISTENING ASSISTIVE DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITY CLERK'S
OFFICE WITH A 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE. PLEASE CALL (626) 744-4124 TO REQUEST USE OF A LISTENING DEVICE.
Language translation services are available for this meeting
by calling (626) 744-4124 at least 24 hours in advance.
Habrá servicio de interpretación disponible para éstas juntas llamando al
(626) 744-4124 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipación.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable Channel 55 and rebroadcast daily;
call (626)794-8585 for schedule.
CITY OF PASADENA NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL JUNE 5, 2006 6:15 P.M.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a special meeting of the City Council will be held on Monday, June 5, 2006, at the Pasadena Conference Center Rooms 103, 104, and 105, 300 East Green Street, Pasadena. The special meeting will begin at 6:15 p.m. to discuss the items on the attached agenda.
/s/________________________ Bill Bogaard, Mayor City of Pasadena
I HEREBY CERTIFY that this notice, in its entirety, was posted on the City of Pasadena Chamber Building bulletin boards in the lobby area and north outside entrance at 117 E. Colorado Boulevard, the Pasadena Senior Center bulletin board, 85 East Holly Street, and a copy was distributed to Central Library for posting this 1st day of June, 2005, at 5:30 p.m., and that copies hereof were faxed or delivered to each member of the City Council and to each local newspaper of general circulation, radio or television station requesting notice in writing, all of which recipients are identified on the distribution list set forth herein below.
/s/_______________________ Jane L. Rodriguez, CMC City Clerk DISTRIBUTION: City Council Star News City Manager The Pasadena Weekly City Attorney La Opinion Public Information Officer Pasadena Journal Central Library Los Angeles Times Neighborhood Connections
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, listening assistive devices are available from the City Clerk's Office with a 24-hour advance notice. Please call (626) 744-4124 to request use of a listening device. Language translation services may be requested with 24-hour advance notice.
Habra servicio de interpretacion disponible para estas juntas llamando al (626) 744-4124 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipacion.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE PASADENA CITY COUNCIL MONDAY, JUNE 5, 2006
Dinner Recess 5:30 p.m. (Room 101) Public Meeting 6:15 p.m. Pasadena Conference Center Rooms 103, 104, and 105 300 East Green Street, Pasadena
5:30 P.M. DINNER RECESS
6:15 P.M. PUBLIC MEETING
1. ROLL CALL AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. PUBLIC COMMENT - LIMITED TO ITEMS ON THIS SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA - (An opportunity for public comment on items on the agenda will be provided when each item is discussed.)
3. CONSENT CALENDAR (The Consent Calendar consists of routine items which will be approved by one motion and one vote unless removed for separate discussion)
A. City Manager
(1) AGREEMENT WITH LOS ANGELES COUNTY FOR DIAL-A-RIDE SERVICES Recommendation of City Manager: Authorize the City Manager to execute an agreement for Dial-A-Ride services with the County of Los Angeles for the period covering July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2009. 417k
(2) AWARD OF CONTRACT TO ELECTRO CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION FOR CONSTRUCTION OF VILLA PARKE ATHLETIC FIELD LIGHTING IN THE AMOUNT OF $77,500 Recommendation of City Manager: (1) Accept the bid, dated May 10, 2006, submitted by Electro Construction Corporation in response to the Specifications for Villa Parke Athletic Field Lighting; (2) Reject all other bids received; and (3) Authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract not to exceed $77,500, which includes the base bid of $72,173 and $5,327 for any additional work the City may order pursuant to the project specifications. 736k
(3) APPROVAL OF FINAL TRACT MAP NO. 062937 FOR A MIXED-USE PROJECT COMPRISED OF 38 RESIDENTIAL UNITS AND FOUR COMMERCIAL SPACES AT 169 WEST GREEN STREET Recommendation of City Manager: It is recommended that the City Council adopt a resolution to: (1) Approve Final Tract Map No. 062937; and (2) Authorize the City Clerk to execute the certificate on the map showing the City's approval of said map. 558k
(4) CONTRACT AWARD TO MERCHANTS LANDSCAPE SERVICES, INC., FOR LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE AT VARIOUS CITY FACILITIES IN LANDSCAPE AREAS I, II, III, AND IV FOR AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $435,000 Recommendation of City Manager: (1) Accept the bid for Landscape Maintenance in Areas I and II (median islands, libraries, parkways, and Health Department) on the west and east side of the City, respectively; Area III (parking lots: Block 5, the Playhouse, and the Union and El Molino); and Area IV (Water and Power properties); dated March 15, 2006, submitted by Merchants Landscape Services, Inc., in response to Specifications for Landscape Maintenance at Various City Facilities, reject all other bids received, and authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract with Merchants Landscape Services, Inc., for a period of three years, with two one-year options to renew, in the amount of $435,000, not to exceed $145,000 per year. (2) Certify the project (Landscape Maintenance Areas I, II, III, and IV) to be categorically exempt under Section 21084 (a) of the California Environmental Quality Act of 1984 in accordance with Article 19, Section 15301 (Class 1), Subsection (h) of the Guidelines (maintenance of existing landscaping), and authorize the City Clerk to file a Notice of Exemption for the project with the Los Angeles County Clerk. 803k
(5) MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE CITY OF PASADENA AND THE PASADENA FIREFIGHTERS MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION FOR A FIVE-YEAR TERM FOR THE PERIOD APRIL 1, 2005 THROUGH MARCH 31, 2010 Recommendation of City Manager: Approve a successor Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Pasadena and the Pasadena Firefighters Management Association for a 5-year term for the period April 1, 2005 through March 31, 2010; and approve a journal voucher allocating funds from the General Fund Personnel Reserve to the FY 2006 Fire Department Operating Budget as may be necessary. 715k
(6) RESOLUTION OF INTENT TO AMEND THE CALIFORNIA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM CONTRACT TO IMPLEMENT RETIREMENT BENEFIT ENHANCEMENTS FOR MISCELLANEOUS NON-SAFETY EMPLOYEES (See related Item 4.A.1.) Recommendation of City Manager: Adopt a resolution of intent to approve an amendment to the contract between the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees' Retirement System and the City Council of the City of Pasadena to implement Credit for Unused Sick Leave (Government Code Section 20965), Pre-Retirement Optional Settlement 2 Death Benefit (Government Code Section 21548), Fourth Level of 1959 Survivor Benefits (Government Code Section 21574), and Military Service Credit as Public Service (Government Code Section 21024) for local miscellaneous members, to implement the terms of the agreement reached with the non-safety unions. 2471k
B. City Attorney
(1) MASTER DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR ART CENTER COLLEGE OF DESIGN (SOUTH CAMPUS) Recommendation of City Attorney: Adopt a resolution approving a Master Development Plan for the Art Center College of Design (South Campus) ("Master Plan"). 5870k
C. City Clerk
(1) Approval of Minutes - May 8, 2006 (Special Joint Meeting) May 8, 2006 May 15, 2006 (Special Joint Meeting) May 15, 2006 May 22, 2006 (Cancelled) May 29, 2006 (Cancelled)
(2) Receive and file claims against the City of Pasadena
Claim No. 10,106 Doug Gerson $ Not stated Claim No. 10,107 Dilip Shah and Shivani D. Shah 13,221.00 Claim No. 10,108 David Mathias 315.00 Claim No. 10,109 Elaine Attaway 425.00 Claim No. 10,110 Robert A. Holmquist 3,625.00 Claim No. 10,111 Terry Flach 3,601.00 Claim No. 10,112 USAA Casualty Insurance Company Subrogee for Angela Hawekotte 1,254.70 Claim No. 10,114 Guadalupe Soto 989.62 Claim No. 10,115 Geselle Lynette Bailey 10,000.00 Claim No. 10,116 Fernando Mendoza Not stated Claim No. 10,117 Dennis Gillotte 1,982.01 Claim No. 10,118 Andree Ann M. Mauvais Not stated
A. First Reading:
(1) Conduct first reading of "AN UNCODIFIED ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF PASADENA AMENDING THE CONTRACT BETWEEN THE CITY OF PASADENA AND THE BOARD OF ADMINISTRATION OF THE CALIFORNIA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM TO PROVIDE RETIREMENT BENEFIT ENHANCEMENTS TO LOCAL MISCELLANEOUS EMPLOYEES" 1689k
B. Second Reading: None
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AGENDA FOR SPECIAL JOINT MEETING OF THE PASADENA CITY COUNCIL AND THE PASADENA BOARD OF EDUCATION