To access staff reports, please click on the link below to download Adobe Reader Version 6.0.
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, LISTENING ASSISTIVE DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE WITH A 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE. PLEASE CALL (626) 744-4124 TO REQUEST USE OF A LISTENING DEVICE.
Language translation services are available for this meeting
(626) 744-4124 at least 24 hours in advance.
Habrá servicio de interpretación disponible para éstas juntas llamando al
(626) 744-4124 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipación.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable Channel 55 and rebroadcast daily;
call (626)794-8585 for schedule.
CITY COUNCIL, THE SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE
PASADENA COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION AND
THE 457 DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN TRUSTEES
MAY 14, 2012
Dinner Recess 5:30 P.M.
Public Meeting 6:30 P.M.
Public Hearings 7:00 P.M.
Council Chamber, Pasadena City Hall
100 North Garfield Avenue, Room S249
City Manager/Executive Director
PROGRAM SUPPLEMENT AGREEMENT 087-N TO ADMINISTER AGENCY-STATE AGREEMENT
07-5064R FOR PRELIMINARY ENGINEERING OF CITYWIDE RESURFACING PROJECT,
FEDERAL-AID PROJECT NO. STPL-5064(070)
Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving a Program Supplement Agreement to Administer Agency-State Agreement 07-5064R between the City of Pasadena and the State of California, for State Reimbursement of costs for the Preliminary Engineering of Citywide Resurfacing Project, Federal-Aid Project No. STPL-5064(070), Program Supplement Agreement No. 087-N.
REJECTION OF ALL BIDS TO PURCHASE ONE MANUFACTURED HOME TO HOUSE FIRE
STAFF DUE TO THE TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF FIRE STATION 32
Recommendation: Reject all bids for the purchase of one manufacture home to house Fire staff.
3. REAPPOINTMENT OF DANTE HALL TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (District 3 Nomination)
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
April 16, 2012 (The 457 Deferred Compensation Plan Trustees)
April 30, 2012 (City Council)
April 30, 2012 (Successor Agency to the Pasadena Community Development Commission)
May 2, 2012 (Special Joint Meeting)
May 7, 2012 (City Council)
May 7, 2012 (Successor Agency to the Pasadena Community Development Commission)
6. RECEIVE AND FILE CLAIMS AGAINST THE CITY OF PASADENA
Claim No. 11,650
Claim No. 11,651
Claim No. 11,652
Economic Development and Technology Committee
Legislative Policy Committee
Municipal Services Committee
Public Safety Committee
Reports from Representatives
ANNUAL Amendments to the General Fee
(1) Open the public hearing on the General Fee Schedule; and
(2) Continue this public hearing to each subsequent meeting of the City Council at 7:00 p.m., until May 21, 2012 or such other date as the City Council may determine, and at which time the City Council will be asked to close the public hearing and formally adopt the Fiscal Year 2013 General Fee Schedule.
ATTACHMENT A Part 1 2583k
ATTACHMENT A Part 2 2384k
ATTACHMENT A Part 3 2484k
ATTACHMENTS B and C 722k
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING: ADOPTION OF THE
Fiscal Year 2013 – 2017 Capital
Improvement Program (CIP) Budget and approve a journal voucher amending the
fy 2012 capital improvement program
(1) Adopt, by resolution, the City’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 – 2017 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budget as summarized in Exhibit B contained in the resolution and any changes passed by a motion of the City Council at the May 14, 2012 meeting; and
(2) Approve a journal voucher amending the FY 2012 Capital Improvement Program budget, resulting in a net decrease of the FY 2012 CIP appropriations of $41,580 as detailed in Attachment B of the agenda report, and authorize staff to make the necessary adjustments to the budget.
Recommendation of Recreation and Parks Commission: On March 6, 2012, the Recreation and Parks Commission voted to support the Parks and Landscaping and the Arroyo Projects – Central Arroyo and Arroyo Projects – Lower Arroyo sections of the Recommended FY 2013-2017 CIP.
Recommendation of Transportation Advisory Commission: On March 22, 2012, the Transportation Advisory Commission voted to support the Streets and Streetscapes, Transportation, and Parking sections of the Recommended FY 2013 – 2017 CIP.
Recommendation of Hahamongna Watershed Park Advisory Committee: On March 27, 2012, the Hahamonga Watershed Park Advisory Committee voted to support the Arroyo Projects – Hahamongna section of the Recommended FY 2013 – 2017 CIP.
Recommendation of Northwest Commission: On April 12, 2012, the Northwest Commission voted to support the projects located completely or partially in Northwest Pasadena in the Recommended FY 2013 – 2017 CIP.
Recommendation of Planning Commission: The nineteen new projects in the Recommended FY 2013 – 2017 CIP budget were presented to the Planning Commission at the following three meetings: February 29, 2012, March 11, 2012, and finally, May 9, 2012.
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING:
Approval of a Substantial
Amendment to the 2011-2012 Annual Action Plan to Allocate the increase in
the Emergency shelter grant funding
Recommendation: It is recommended that the City Council, following the public hearing, adopt a resolution approving the submission to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) of a Substantial Amendment to the 2011-2012 Annual Action Plan, as described in the agenda report.
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING:
Approval of the Annual Action Plan
(2012-2013) and Related Funding Allocations for the Community Development
Block Grant (CDBG) Program; Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) Program; Home
Investment Partnership Act (HOME); and Human Services Endowment Fund (HSEF)
Recommendation: It is recommended that, upon close of the public hearing, the City Council adopt a resolution:
(1) Approving the Annual Action Plan (2012-2013) as an application to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development for funding under the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) and Home Investment Partnership Act (HOME) programs;
(2) Approving an application for CDBG Entitlement funds in the amount of $1,753,607; the allocation of the CDBG current year program income of $303,828; the reprogramming of CDBG carryover funds, that were not allocated in previous years, in the amount of $192,690 for a total of $2,250,125 for the 2012-2013 CDBG program activities. Specific agency and City Set-Aside awards can be found in Attachments A, B and C of the agenda report;
(3) Approving an application for ESG funds in the amount of $178,059. The required local match of $178,059 will be made by the agencies receiving ESG funding for 2012-2013. Specific agency awards can be found in Attachment B of the agenda report, under Homelessness;
(4) Approving an application for HOME Entitlement funds in the amount of $618,263 for 2012-2013 HOME Program activities. Specific activities funded through HOME can be found in Attachment D of the agenda report;
(5) Approving an allocation from the City of Pasadena’s Human Services Endowment Fund (HSEF) of $110,000 for HSEF funded public/human service projects. HSEF funds are combined with CDBG Public Service Funds and specific agency awards can be found in Attachment B of the agenda report; and
(6) Authorizing the City Manager to execute, and the City Clerk to attest, the Annual Action Plan (2012-2013), the grant agreements, the sub-recipient agreements, and any and all other documents deemed necessary by HUD to obtain the allocation of the aforementioned federal CDBG, ESG, and HOME funds.
Recommendation of Northwest Commission: On April 20, 2012, the Northwest Commission approved a motion to recommend to the City Council funding for L.A. County Neighborhood Housing Services and the Ecumenical Council of Pasadena Area Congregations for CDBG Non-Public Service funding, as summarized on page 2 of Attachment B of the agenda report.
Recommendation of Human Services Commission: On April 25, 2012, the Human Services Commission approved a motion to recommend to the City Council funding for CDBG Public Service, Emergency Shelter Grant, and Human Service Endowment Funding to those agencies identified in Attachment B of the agenda report.
DRAFT ANNUAL ACTION PLAN 2012-2013 8487k
GENERAL PLAN LAND USE AND MOBILITY ELEMENTS
UPDATE – PRELIMINARY REVIEW OF THE PRINCIPLES, OBJECTIVES, AND POLICIES AND
DRAFT CONCEPT LAND USE MAP
Recommendation: It is recommended that the City Council:
(1) Review and comment on the General Plan’s principles, objectives, and policy topic areas; and
(2) Review and comment on the draft concept map and growth forecasts.
ATTACHMENT A 407k
ATTACHMENT B 2334k
First Reading: None
Second Reading: None
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEES
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE(Chair Victor Gordo, Steve Madison, Gene Masuda, Jacque Robinson)
June 6, 2012
July 4, 2012 (To be cancelled)
August 1, 2012
FINANCE COMMITTEE (Chair Chris Holden, Victor
Gordo, Margaret McAustin, Terry Tornek)
Meets the second and fourth Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m., 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S249 (City Hall Council Chamber, 2nd floor)
May 14, 2012
May 21, 2012 (Special joint meeting of the City Council and Finance Committee, City Hall Council
Chamber, S249, 1:00 p.m.)
May 28, 2012 (To be cancelled)
LEGISLATIVE POLICY COMMITTEE (Chair Bill
Bogaard, Steve Madison, Jacque Robinson)
Meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S039 (Fair Oaks Conference Room, Basement)
May 23, 2012
June 27, 2012
July 25, 2012
MUNICIPAL SERVICES COMMITTEE (Chair Margaret
McAustin, Bill Bogaard, Terry Tornek)
Meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S249 (Council Chamber, 2nd Floor)
May 22, 2012
June 12, 2012
June 26, 2012
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Chair Steve Madison,
Gene Masuda, Margaret McAustin, Jacque Robinson)
Meets the first and third Monday of each month at 4:15 p.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S038 (City Hall Grand Conference Room, Basement)
May 21, 2012 (To be cancelled)
June 4, 2012
June 18, 2012
FUTURE COUNCIL MEETING DATES
May 21, 2012 (A Special Joint Meeting of the City Council/Finance Committee, will take place at 1:00 p.m., City Hall, Council Chamber, Rm S249, prior to the regular meeting of the City Council).
May 28, 2012 (To be cancelled)
June 4, 2012
June 11, 2012
June 18, 2012
June 25, 2012 (To be cancelled)
July 2, 2012 (To be cancelled)
July 9, 2012
July 16, 2012
July 23, 2012
July 30, 2012
FUTURE PUBLIC HEARINGS:
May 21, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Continued Public Hearing: Amendments to the General Fee Schedule for Fiscal Year 2013
May 21, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Amendments to the Schedule of Taxes, Fees and Charges for Fiscal Year 2013
May 21, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Recommended Fiscal Year 2013 Operating Budget
June 4, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Proposed Amendments to the Water Rate Ordinance, Chapter 13.20 of the Pasadena Municipal Code
June 4, 2012, 7:00 p.m. –Proposed Refuse Collection Fee and Franchise Fee Increases
June 11, 2012, 7:00 p.m. -Resolution of Intention to Establish the South Lake Avenue Property-Based Business Improvement District
June 18, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Public Art Master Plan Recommendations and Approval
COMMISSION VACANCIES 80k