To access staff reports, please click on the link below to download Adobe Reader Version 6.0.
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, LISTENING ASSISTIVE DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE WITH A 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE. PLEASE CALL (626) 744-4124 TO REQUEST USE OF A LISTENING DEVICE.
Language translation services are available for this meeting
(626) 744-4124 at least 24 hours in advance.
Habrá servicio de interpretación disponible para éstas juntas llamando al
(626) 744-4124 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipación.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable Channel 55 and rebroadcast daily;
call (626)794-8585 for schedule.
CITY COUNCIL AND
THE SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE
PASADENA COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
APRIL 30, 2012
Closed Sessions 5:30 P.M.
Public Meeting 6:30 P.M.
Public Hearings 7:00 P.M.
Council Chamber, Pasadena City Hall
100 North Garfield Avenue, Room S249
CITY COUNCIL CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL REGARDING PENDING LITIGATION
pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(a)
Case: City of Pasadena v. Oregon Community Health Information Network, Inc., (OCHIN)
Case No.: LASC GC 046940
CITY COUNCIL CONFERENCE REGARDING PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
pursuant to Government Code Section 54957
Title: City Manager
A. REPORT ON THE FINDINGS OF THE BOB HOPE AIRPORT COMMUNITY OPINION SURVEY BY DAN FEGER, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE BURBANK-GLENDALE-PASADENA AIRPORT AUTHORITY AND PAUL GOODWIN OF GOODWIN SIMON STRATEGIC RESEARCH
City Manager/Executive Director
AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH ONYX ARCHITECTS, INC., FOR THE
COMPLETION OF A FEASIBILITY STUDY FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF TWO PARKING
GARAGES LOCATED IN THE CIVIC CENTER AND PLAYHOUSE DISTRICTS
(1) Find that the project is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines, Section 15061(b)(3); and
(2) Authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract with Onyx Architects, Inc., for a garage feasibility study in an amount not to exceed $65,800.
ENTER INTO A PURCHASE ORDER CONTRACT WITH MEGGER
FOR FURNISHING AND DELIVERING THREE RELAY TEST SETS FOR THE WATER AND POWER
(1) Find that the proposed action is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines, Section 15301 (Existing Facilities); and
(2) Accept the bid dated March 21, 2012 submitted by Megger for three relay test sets; reject all other bids; and authorize the City Manager to issue a purchase order contract for the purchase of three relay test sets for an amount not to exceed $121,484.
APPROVAL OF THE ADDITION OF NEW LIMITED TERM, GRANT FUNDED POSITIONS FOR
Recommendation: Approve the addition of 15 new limited term, grant-funded positions, for a net increase to the Public Health Department’s total FTE from 88.25 to 103.25 FTEs.
4. REAPPOINTMENT OF SOJI KASHIWAGI TO THE HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (District 4 Nomination)
5. REAPPOINTMENT OF LAURA LUNA TO THE HUMAN SERVICES COMMISSION EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (District 4 Nomination)
6. REAPPOINTMENT OF ALLEN SHAY TO THE NORTHWEST COMMISSION EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (District 4 Nomination)
7. REAPPOINTMENT OF GREG JONES TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (District 4 Nomination)
HARALD ZECHNER TO
THE PASADENA COMMUNITY ACCESS CORPORATION BOARD
10. RECEIVE AND FILE CLAIMS AGAINST THE CITY OF PASADENA
Claim No. 11,637
Claim No. 11,638
Claim No. 11,639
Claim No. 11,640
Claim No. 11,641
Economic Development and Technology Committee
Legislative Policy Committee
Municipal Services Committee
Public Safety Committee
Reports from Representatives
continued public hearing:
– 2017 RECOMMENDED Capital Improvement Program Budget
Recommendation: Receive public comment and continue the public hearing to each subsequent regular meeting of the City Council at 7:00 p.m., until May 14, 2012, or such other date as the City Council may determine, and at which time the City Council will be asked to close the public hearing and formally adopt the FY 2013-2017 Capital Improvement Program Budget.
Approval of the redistricting task force’s recommended redistricting plan
and first reading of an ordinance to adopt the new city council district
(See Item No. 13)
Recommendation: It is recommended that the City Council, following a public hearing to receive public comment on the Redistricting Task Force’s Recommended Redistricting Plan, take the following actions:
(1) Find that the proposed action is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines, Section 15378 (not a project and therefore no environmental review required);
(2) Conduct first reading of “An Ordinance of the City of Pasadena Amending Chapter 1.20 (“ Election Districts”) of the Pasadena Municipal Code”, as recommended by the Redistricting Task Force; and
(3) Acknowledge the completion and conclusion of the work of the Redistricting Task Force with appreciation.
SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL RECEIVED AFTER POSTING OF AGENDA
Second Reading: None
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEES
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE(Chair Victor Gordo, Steve Madison, Gene Masuda, Jacque Robinson)
May 2, 2012
June 6, 2012
July 4, 2012 (To be cancelled)
FINANCE COMMITTEE(Chair Chris Holden, Victor Gordo, Margaret McAustin, Terry Tornek)
April 30, 2012 (Special joint meeting of the City Council and Finance Committee, City Hall Council Chamber, S249, 1:00 p.m.)
May 14, 2012
May 28, 2012 (To be cancelled)
LEGISLATIVE POLICY COMMITTEE(Chair Bill Bogaard, Steve Madison, Jacque Robinson)
May 23, 2012
June 27, 2012
July 25, 2012
MUNICIPAL SERVICES COMMITTEE(Chair Margaret McAustin, Bill Bogaard, Terry Tornek)
May 8, 2012
May 22, 2012
June 12, 2012
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Chair Steve Madison, Gene Masuda, Margaret McAustin, Jacque Robinson)
May 7, 2012
May 21, 2012
June 4, 2012
FUTURE COUNCIL MEETING DATES
May 2, 2012 (Special Meeting with Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich, 8:00 a.m., Pasadena City Hall, Grand Conference Room, Room S038-basement)
May 7, 2012 (Organizational Meeting of the City Council)
May 14, 2012
May 21, 2012 (A Special Joint Meeting of the City Council/Finance Committee, will take place at 1:00 p.m., City Hall, Council Chamber, Rm S249, prior to the regular meeting of the City Council).
May 28, 2012 (To be cancelled)
June 4, 2012
June 11, 2012
June 18, 2012
June 25, 2012 (To be cancelled)
July 2, 2012 (To be cancelled)
July 9, 2012
July 16, 2012
July 23, 2012
July 30, 2012
FUTURE PUBLIC HEARINGS:
May 7, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Continued Public Hearing: Fiscal Year 2013 – 2017 Recommended Capital Improvement Program Budget
May 7, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Approval of the Annual Action Plan (2012-2013) and Related Funding Allocations for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program; Emergency Shelter Grant Program (ESG); Home Investment Partnership Act (HOME); and Human Services Endowment Fund (HSEF)
May 7, 2012, 7:00 p.m. - Approval of a Substantial Amendment to the 2011-2012 Annual Action Plan to Allocate Additional Emergency Solutions Grant Funds in the Amount of $55,940
May 14, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Continued Public Hearing: Fiscal Year 2013 – 2017 Recommended Capital Improvement Program Budget
May 14, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Amendments to the General Fee Schedule for Fiscal Year 2013
May 21, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Amendments to the Schedule of Taxes, Fees and Charges for Fiscal Year 2013
May 21, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Recommended Fiscal Year 2013 Operating Budget
June 4, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Proposed Amendments to the Water Rate Ordinance, Chapter 13.20 of the Pasadena Municipal Code
June 4, 2012, 7:00 p.m. –Proposed Refuse Collection Fee and Franchise Fee Increases
June 11, 2012, 7:00 p.m. -Resolution of Intention to Establish the South Lake Avenue Property-Based Business Improvement District
June 18, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Public Art Master Plan Recommendations and