To access staff reports, please click on the link below to download Adobe Reader Version 6.0.
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, LISTENING ASSISTIVE DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE WITH A 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE. PLEASE CALL (626) 744-4124 TO REQUEST USE OF A LISTENING DEVICE.
Language translation services are available for this meeting
(626) 744-4124 at least 24 hours in advance.
Habrá servicio de interpretación disponible para éstas juntas llamando al
(626) 744-4124 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipación.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable Channel 55 and rebroadcast daily;
call (626)794-8585 for schedule.
CITY COUNCIL AND
THE SUCCESSOR AGENCY TO THE
PASADENA COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
APRIL 23, 2012
Closed Session 5:30 P.M.
Public Meeting 6:30 P.M.
Public Hearing 7:00 P.M.
Council Chamber, Pasadena City Hall
100 North Garfield Avenue, Room S249
CONFERENCE REGARDING PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION pursuant to
Government Code Section
Title: City Manager
City Manager/Executive Director
SUBMIT GRANT APPLICATIONS AND ADOPTION OF RESOLUTIONS FOR COMPETITIVE TREE
PLANTING PROGRAM FROM LOS ANGELES COUNTY REGIONAL PARK AND OPEN SPACE
(1) Find that the authorization to apply for grants is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3); and
(2) Adopt a resolution authorizing the submittal of three grant applications, each in the amount of $100,000, to the Los Angeles County Regional Parks and Open Space District for the competitive tree planting program.
ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH IMPACT SCIENCES, INC., TO PROVIDE ENVIRONMENTAL
CONSULTING SERVICES FOR A NEW PLANNED DEVELOPMENT OF THE LINCOLN PROPERTY
COMPANY’S PROJECT LOCATED AT 100 WEST WALNUT STREET (PARSONS SITE)
(1) Find that entering into the proposed contract with Impact Sciences, Inc., is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3)(General Rule);
(2) Authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract with Impact Sciences, Inc., in an amount not to exceed $332,649 for the preparation of the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the proposed Planned Development at 100 West Walnut Street; and
(3) Rescind approval of previously granted authorization to enter into a contract with EPA Consulting for the preparation of an EIR for this project.
DEVELOPMENT AND TECHONOLOGY COMMITTEE: ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SOUTH LAKE AVENUE PROPERTY-BASED BUSINESS
(1) Find that adopting a resolution establishing the South Lake Avenue Property-Based Business Improvement District is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to Section 15061(b)(3); and
(2) Adopt a Resolution of Intention to establish the South Lake Avenue Property-Based Business Improvement District (Attachment 1 of the agenda report), and setting a public hearing for June 11, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
ATTACHMENT 1 129k
ATTACHMENT 2 Part 1 1589k
ATTACHMENT 2 Part 2 1490k
ADOPTION OF A
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE CITY MANAGER OR THE DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION TO
SIGN THE GENERAL CERTIFICATIONS AND ASSURANCES REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A JOBS
ACCESS AND REVERSE COMMUTE (JARC) GRANT APPLICATION TO THE LOS ANGELES
COUNTY METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY (METRO)
(1) Find that the purchase of this vehicle is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) review pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Section 15301, Existing Facilities. The addition of two buses to serve an existing route is a negligible expansion of existing use. The buses will provide two additional vehicles during the AM and PM peak commuting periods and will not add additional routes or changes in service; and
(2) Authorize the City Manager or the Director of Transportation to sign the General Certifications and Assurances required to submit a Jobs Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) grant application to the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro).
STEPHEN ACKER TO THE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMISSION EFFECTIVE JULY 1,
6. REAPPOINTMENT OF JAMES McDERMOTT TO THE PASADENA CENTER OPERATING COMPANY BOARD EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (Mayor Nomination/District 6)
7. REAPPOINTMENT OF JANE HADERLEIN TO THE LIBRARY COMMISSION EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (Mayor Nomination)
8. REAPPOINTMENT OF BRYAN BOWEN TO THE ARTS AND CULTURE COMMISSION EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (Mayor Nomination)
9. REAPPOINTMENT OF RICHARD LoGUERCIO TO THE PASADENA CENTER OPERATING COMPANY BOARD EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 (Mayor/District 7 Nomination)
JOHN BRINSLEY TO THE FIRE & POLICE RETIREMENT BOARD EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012
JUDITH SAUNDERS AS THE CITY REPRESENTATIVE ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE
HEALTH ALLIANCE OF PASADENA EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012 ( City Council Nomination)
CAROLINA SANTORO BLENGINI TO THE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2012
(Mayor/District 7 Nomination)
13. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
April 9, 2012 (City
14. RECEIVE AND FILE CLAIMS AGAINST THE CITY OF PASADENA
Claim No. 11,634
Duane L. Lenox
Claim No. 11,635
Claim No. 11,636
Economic Development and Technology Committee
APPROVAL OF AMENDED BUSINESS TERMS OF DEVELOPMENT AND LEASE AGREEMENT
WITH BRIDGE HOUSING CORPORATION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE HERITAGE SQUARE
AFFORDABLE SENIOR RENTAL HOUSING PROJECT AT 750-790 NORTH FAIR OAKS AVENUE
(1) Find that the proposed amended business terms, as described in the agenda report, of a Development and Lease Agreement (the “DLA”) with BRIDGE Housing Corporation for the development of the Heritage Square Affordable Senior Rental Housing Project located at 750-790 North Fair Oaks Avenue (the “Project”) is consistent with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) categorical exemption adopted by the City Council on November 11, 2011 for the Project;
(2) Approve certain key amended business terms, as described in the agenda report, of a Development and Lease Agreement with BRIDGE Housing Corporation for development of the Project; and
(3) Appropriate $600,000 from Inclusionary Housing Fund Balance (Account No. 619-684140) to the Heritage Square Senior Housing Project (Account No. 51333).
Recommendation of Northwest Commission: The subject recommendation was considered and approved unanimously by the Northwest Commission at a special meeting on March 29, 2012.
Legislative Policy Committee
Municipal Services Committee
Public Safety Committee
Reports from Representatives
PUBLIC HEARING: FISCAL YEAR
– 2017 RECOMMENDED Capital Improvement Program Budget
(1) Open the public hearing on the City Manager’s Recommended Fiscal Year 2013-2017 Capital Improvement Program Budget;
(2) Continue this public hearing to each subsequent regular meeting of the City Council at 7:00 p.m. until May 14, 2012, or such other date as the City Council may determine, and at which time the City Council will be asked to close the public hearing and formally adopt the Fiscal Year 2013-2017 Capital Improvement Program Budget; and
(3) Refer the City Manager’s Recommended Fiscal Year 2013 – 2017 Capital Improvement Program Budget to the Finance Committee and direct the meetings be noticed as special joint meetings between the Finance Committee and the City Council.
First Reading: None
Second Reading: None
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEES
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE(Chair Victor Gordo, Steve Madison, Gene Masuda, Jacque Robinson)
May 2, 2012
June 6, 2012
July 4, 2012 (To be cancelled)
FINANCE COMMITTEE (Chair Chris Holden, Victor Gordo, Margaret McAustin, Terry Tornek)
April 23, 2012 (Cancelled)
April 30, 2012 (Special joint meeting of the City Council and Finance Committee, City Hall Council Chamber, S249, 1:00 p.m.)
May 14, 2012
LEGISLATIVE POLICY COMMITTEE(Chair Bill Bogaard, Steve Madison, Jacque Robinson)
April 25, 2012 (Cancelled)
May 23, 2012
June 27, 2012
MUNICIPAL SERVICES COMMITTEE(Chair Margaret McAustin, Bill Bogaard, Terry Tornek)
April 24, 2012
May 8, 2012
May 22, 2012
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE(Chair Steve Madison, Gene Masuda, Margaret McAustin, Jacque Robinson)
April 23, 2012 (Special meeting cancelled)
May 7, 2012
May 21, 2012
FUTURE COUNCIL MEETING DATES
April 30, 2012 (A Special Joint Meeting of the City Council/Finance Committee will take place at 1:00 p.m., City Hall, Council Chamber, Rm S249, prior to the regular meeting of the City Council)
May 2, 2012 (Special Meeting with Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael Antonovich, 8:00 a.m., Pasadena City Hall, Grand Conference Room, Room S038-basement)
May 7, 2012 (Organizational Meeting of the City Council)
May 14, 2012
May 21, 2012 (A Special Joint Meeting of the City Council/Finance Committee, will take place at 1:00 p.m., City Hall, Council Chamber, Rm S249, prior to the regular meeting of the City Council).
May 28, 2012 (To be cancelled)
June 4, 2012
June 11, 2012
June 18, 2012
June 25, 2012 (To be cancelled)
July 2, 2012 (To be cancelled)
July 9, 2012
July 16, 2012
July 23, 2012
July 30, 2012
FUTURE PUBLIC HEARINGS:
April 30, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Continued Public Hearing: Fiscal Year 2013 – 2017 Recommended Capital Improvement Program Budget
April 30, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Approval of the City Council Redistricting Plan
May 7, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Approval of the Annual Action Plan (2012-2013) and Related Funding Allocations for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program; Emergency Shelter Grant Program (ESG); Home Investment Partnership Act (HOME); and Human Services Endowment Fund (HSEF)
May 7, 2012, 7:00 p.m. - Approval of a Substantial Amendment to the 2011-2012 Annual Action Plan to Allocate Additional Emergency Solutions Grant Funds in the Amount of $55,940
May 14, 2012, 7:00 p.m. –Resolution of Intention to Establish the South Lake Avenue Property-Based Business Improvement District (To be rescheduled to June 11, 2012, 7:00 p.m.)
May 14, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Amendments to the General Fee Schedule for Fiscal Year 2013
May 21, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Amendments to the Schedule of Taxes, Fees and Charges for Fiscal Year 2013
May 21, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Recommended Fiscal Year 2013 Operating Budget
June 4, 2012, 7:00 p.m. – Proposed Amendments to the Water Rate Ordinance, Chapter 13.20 of the Pasadena Municipal Code
June 4, 2012, 7:00 p.m. –Proposed Refuse Collection Fee and Franchise Fee Increases
June 18, 2012, 7:00 p.m.– Public Art Master Plan Recommendations and Approval