To access staff reports, please click on the link below to download Adobe Reader Version 6.0.
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, LISTENING ASSISTIVE DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE WITH A 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE. PLEASE CALL (626) 744-4124 TO REQUEST USE OF A LISTENING DEVICE.
Language translation services are available for this meeting
(626) 744-4124 at least 24 hours in advance.
Habrá servicio de interpretación disponible para éstas juntas llamando al
(626) 744-4124 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipación.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable Channel 55 and rebroadcast daily;
call (626)794-8585 for schedule.
CITY COUNCIL & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
AUGUST 9, 2010
Dinner Recess 5:30 P.M.
Public Meeting 6:30 P.M.
Council Chamber, Pasadena City Hall
100 North Garfield Avenue, Room S249
AUTHORIZE THE ISSUANCE OF A PURCHASE ORDER WITH BOERNER TRUCK CENTER FOR
THE PURCHASE OF THREE CRANE CARRIER REFUSE SIDE LOADER TRUCKS IN AN AMOUNT
NOT TO EXCEED $857,901
(1) Authorize the issuance of a purchase order to Boerner Truck Center in an amount not to exceed $857,901 for the purchase of three Side Loading Refuse Trucks; and
(2) Find that this action is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3), the General Rule that CEQA only applies to projects that may have an effect on the environment.
AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH AVAYA, INC., FOR TECHNICAL
SUPPORT SERVICES AND SOFTWARE
(1) Find the contract renewal is exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines
(2) Authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract renewal with Avaya, Inc., to provide 24/7 technical support services and software for the maintenance of the City’s Avaya (formerly Nortel) Telephone and Contact Center Manager (aka Call Center) Systems in an amount not to exceed $178,698 with an annualized allocation of $59,566 for the period from August 1, 2010 to July 30, 2013. The proposed contract is exempt from competitive bidding pursuant to City Charter Section 1002(F), contracts for professional or unique services; and
(3) Grant the proposed contract renewal an exemption from the competitive selection process of the Competitive Bidding and Purchasing Ordinance pursuant to Pasadena Municipal Code Section 4.08.049(B), contracts for which the City’s best interests are served.
AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A PURCHASE ORDER CONTRACT WITH SANOFI PASTEUR
TO ACQUIRE VACCINES FOR THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT’S IMMUNIZATION CLINIC
Recommendation: Authorize the issuance of a purchase order contract to Sanofi Pasteur for the period July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 not to exceed $90,000 for the purchase of vaccines for the Health Department’s Immunization Clinic. Competitive Bidding is not required pursuant to City Charter Section 1002(C), contracts for labor, materials, supplies or services available from only one vendor.
4. ITEM PULLED
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
July 26, 2010 (City Council)
July 26, 2010 (Community Development Commission)
6. RECEIVE AND FILE CLAIMS AGAINST THE CITY OF PASADENA
California Retail Center
Economic Development and Technology Committee
AUTHORIZATION TO INCREASE THE NOT TO EXCEED AMOUNT OF CONTRACT NO. 20,013
WITH VCI TELCOM FOR CONSTRUCTION OF UNDERGROUND ELECTRICAL CONDUIT SYSTEMS
IN LOS ROBLES AVENUE FOR THE WATER AND POWER DEPARTMENT BY $300,000
(1) Find that on August 10, 2009, the Council found the project to be exempt from California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) review pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Section 15302(c), replacement or reconstruction of existing utility systems and/or facilities involving negligible or no expansion of capacity, and the proposal herein does not constitute a substantial change in the project description, nor is there new information or changed circumstances that would trigger further environmental review;
(2) Increase Contract No. 20,013 by $300,000 thereby increasing the not to exceed amount from $2,587,780 to $2,887,780; and
(3) Appropriate $300,000 from the unencumbered balance of the Underground Utilities Fund No. 206 to the Utility Undergrounding Capital Improvement Project No. 3174.
ADOPTION OF THE DEBT MANAGEMENT
POLICY AND OVERVIEW OF THE CITY’S DEBT PROFILE
Recommendation: It is recommended that the City Council adopt the proposed Debt Management Policy.
DEBT MANAGEMENT POLICY HANDBOOK Part 1 5103k
DEBT MANAGEMENT POLICY HANDBOOK Part 2 6190k
DEBT MANAGEMENT POWERPOINT PRESENTATION 661k
Legislative Policy Committee
Municipal Services Committee
DIRECT THE CITY ATTORNEY TO PREPARE AN ORDINANCE AMENDING SECTION
13.14.110 OF THE PASADENA MUNICIPAL CODE, UNDERGROUND UTILITY DISTRICTS
Recommendation: Direct the City Attorney to prepare an ordinance amending Section 13.14.110 of the Pasadena Municipal Code to increase the City’s Underground Reimbursement Fee from $2,000 to $3,000 for electrical contract work on private property in conjunction with underground utility districts.
ADOPTION OF A RESOLUTION SETTING A DATE FOR A PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER THE
ESTABLISHMENT OF UNDERGROUND UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 10-1 MOUNTAIN STREET, LAKE
AVENUE TO HILL AVENUE
Recommendation: Adopt a resolution setting a date for a public hearing on September 13, 2010, to consider the establishment of Underground Utility District No. 10-1, Mountain Street, Lake Avenue to Hill Avenue.
Public Safety Committee
Reports from Representatives
First Reading: None
Second Reading: None
INFORMATIONAL REPORT ON THE POLICE DEPARTMENT’S EXISTING POLICE CIVILIAN
COMMITTEES AND USE OF FORCE BOARD (Presentation Only)
POWERPOINT PRESENTATION 840k
COUNCIL STANDING COMMITTEES
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE(Chair Victor Gordo, Steve Madison, Jacque Robinson, Terry Tornek)
September 1, 2010
October 6, 2010
November 3, 2010
FINANCE COMMITTEE (Chair Chris Holden, Victor Gordo,
Steve Haderlein, Margaret McAustin)
Meets the second and fourth Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m., 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S249 (City Hall Council Chambers, 2nd floor)
August 9, 2010
August 23, 2010 (To be cancelled)
September 13, 2010
LEGISLATIVE POLICY COMMITTEE (Chair Bill Bogaard,
Steve Madison, Jacque Robinson)
Meets the third Wednesday of each month at 8:15 a.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S039 (Fair Oaks Conference Room, Basement)
August 18, 2010
September 15, 2010
October 20, 2010
MUNICIPAL SERVICES COMMITTEE (Chair Margaret
McAustin, Bill Bogaard, Terry Tornek)
Meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S249 (Council Chambers, 2nd Floor)
August 10, 2010
August 24, 2010
September 10, 2010
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE (Chair Steve Haderlein, Steve
Madison, Margaret McAustin, Jacque Robinson)
Meets the first Monday of each month at 4:15 p.m., Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Avenue, Room S038 (City Hall Grand Conference Room, Basement)
August 16, 2010 (Special meeting)
September 6, 2010 (To be cancelled)
October 4, 2010
FUTURE COUNCIL MEETING DATES
August 16, 2010
August 23, 2010 (To be cancelled)
August 30, 2010 (To be cancelled)
September 6 (To be cancelled)
September 13, 2010
September 20, 2010
September 27, 2010
October 4, 2010
October 11, 2010 (To be cancelled)
October 18, 2010
October 25, 2010
November 1, 2010 (To be cancelled)
November 8, 2010
November 15, 2010
November 22, 2010
November 29, 2010 (To be cancelled)
FUTURE PUBLIC HEARINGS:
August 16, 2010, 7:30 P.M. - City of Pasadena 2010 Report on Water Quality Public Health Goals, pursuant to Section 116470(c) of the California Health and Safety Code
September 13, 2010, 7:30 P.M. - Establishment of Underground Utility District No. 10-1, Mountain Street, Lake Avenue to Hill Avenue.
COMMISSION VACANCIES 408k