ATTACHMENTS TO THE STAFF REPORTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING AT THE PASADENA PUBLIC LIBRARIES AND CITY CLERK'S OFFICE.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990,
LISTENING ASSISTIVE DEVICES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITY CLERK'S
OFFICE WITH A 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE. PLEASE CALL (626) 744-4124
TO REQUEST USE OF A LISTENING DEVICE.
Language translation services are available for this meeting
by calling (626) 744-4124 at least 24 hours in advance.
Habrá servicio de interpretación disponible para éstas juntas llamando al
(626) 744-4124 por lo menos con 24 horas de anticipación.
Meetings are broadcast live on cable Channel 55 and rebroadcast daily;
call (626)794-8585 for schedule.
CITY OF PASADENA NOTICE OF SPECIAL JOINT MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL AND THE PASADENA CENTER OPERATING COMPANY DECEMBER 2, 2002, 6:30 P.M. AND SPECIAL MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL DECEMBER 2, 2002, 8:00 P.M.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a special joint meeting of the City Council and Pasadena Center Operating Company Board is called for Monday, December 2, 2002, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber, Room 247, City Hall, 100 North Garfield Avenue, Pasadena.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that a special meeting of the City Council is called for Monday, December 2, 2002, at 8:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber, Room 247, City Hall.
6:30 P.M. - JOINT MEETING WITH PASADENA CENTER OPERATING COMPANY BOARD
1. ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/CEREMONIAL MATTERS
2. ACTIONS ON PRE-DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR PASADENA CONFERENCE CENTER EXPANSION Recommendation of Pasadena Center Operating Company Board: It is recommended that the City Council: (1) Approve the concept of an expansion to the Pasadena Conference Center. This includes the overall proposed program and the financing plan. (2) Adopt a Resolution declaring the City's intention to establish the Pasadena Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) pursuant to the Parking and Business Improvement Area Law of 1989 and ordering that notice of a public meeting and public hearing be given. The proposed TBID will include all hotels and motels within the City and the assessment will not exceed 2.89% of room revenue. Monies generated from the TBID must be used for the general promotion of tourism within the TBID. (3) Authorize the Pasadena Center Operating Company (PCOC) to proceed with the design development process including full development of the Conference Center expansion design including preparation of bid documents, all City of Pasadena design review processes, assistance with the completion of the Environmental Impact Report and competitive bid of the project construction, such authorization to include the appropriation of $4.5 million for design, project management and other consulting services as necessary to complete the development process. These costs to be paid through PCOC operating revenues, assuming the approval of the TBID (see Recommendation No. 2) and up to $1,000,000 in short-term financing previously approved by the City Council on November 5, 2001 for pre-development expenses which has not yet been encumbered. These funds will be used for pre-development expenses on the Pasadena Conference Center Expansion. (4) Authorize the PCOC to enter into Agreements with Daniel, Mann, Johnson, Mendenhall, Holmes and Narver for an amount not to exceed $600,000 for continued pre-development program management services and with Zimmer, Gunsul, Frasca Partnership for an amount not to exceed $3,900,000 for architectural design services. 499k
3. PREDEVELOPMENT PLAN REVIEW FOR THE PROPOSED EXPANSION OF THE PASADENA CONFERENCE CENTER AT 300 EAST GREEN STREET Recommendation of City Manager: This report is for information only. 501k
4. AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT WITH PCR SERVICES CORPORATION TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR THE PASADENA CONFERENCE CENTER EXPANSION PROJECT Recommendation of City Manager: Authorize the City Manager to execute a contract with PCR Consulting Services, for an amount not to exceed $110,000 to provide environmental consulting services for the Pasadena Conference Center Expansion project. 245k
5. ADJOURNMENT OF SPECIAL JOINT MEETING
8:00 P.M. - SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
1. OVERVIEW OF ALTRIO OPEN VIDEO ACCESS INSTALLATIONS 670k
2. INFORMATION FROM THE GAS COMPANY AND ADELPHIA CORP. REGARDING CABLE BOXES (Oral Report)
3. CONSIDERATION OF POSITION REGARDING AIRPORT TERMINAL PROJECT (Councilmember Holden) 468k
4. ADJOURNMENT OF SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
________________________ Bill Bogaard, Mayor City of Pasadena Note to Public: An opportunity for public comment will be provided at the time each of the above items are discussed. Public comment for this special meeting is limited to the items on the special meeting notice. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per speaker.
I HEREBY CERTIFY that this notice, in its entirety, was posted on the Council Chamber Bulletin Board, Room 247, City Hall, on November 27, 2002 at 5:30 p.m., and that copies hereof were faxed or delivered to each member of the City Council and faxed to each local newspaper of general circulation, radio or television station requesting notice in writing, all of which media recipients are identified on the distribution list set forth herein below.
_______________________ Jane L. Rodriguez, CMC City Clerk DISTRIBUTION: City Council City Manager City Attorney Public Information Officer Main Library Star News The Pasadena Weekly Pasadena Journal La Opinion Los Angeles Times